In July 2018, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission introduced new practice standards that provide an important benchmark for providers to assess their performance and to demonstrate how they provide high quality and safe supports and services to NDIS participants.
More information about the practice standards can be found https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/ but as an overview here are some key points that influence every aspect of the way that Butter Fish and its team must work to ensure the highest standard of support for our clients.
- Must meet the new NDIS Code of Conduct.
- Adhere closely to the new NDIS Practice Standards – which set out expectations for the quality and safety of the services and supports providers deliver.
- Note changes to provider registration and the way complaints can be made, incidents are reported, Behaviour Support Plans are developed and checked.
- Comply with a nationally consistent Worker Screening Check of all employees.
- Must have effective internal Complaint Management and Resolution arrangements in place.
- Lodge behaviour support plans with the NDIS Commission.
- Seek approval for the use of any restrictive practices.
- Have effective Incident Management Systems and reporting channels.