“Occupational Therapist encompasses assessment and treatment to develop, recover or maintain the daily living and work skills of people with a physical, mental or cognitive disorder.”
Butter Fish Services is a registered NDIS Provider of Occupational Therapy (OT) Services in Newcastle, Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, the Hunter and Central Coast regions of NSW.
Our Occupational Therapy Services help people with disability to maximise their function so they are able to participate in everyday activities such as leisure, dressing, domestic activities around the home, travel and work.
Occupational therapists are skilled in a number of areas including mental health, rehabilitation, pain management, driving assessments and paediatrics. They can also address areas such as self-care, education and work, play skills and engagement, fine motor skill development, sensory processing development, mobility and daily living equipment and manual handling.
How Butter Fish Services Can Help?
Our qualified and friendly Occupational Therapists support patients to be able do the things they need and want to do in their daily life. They work with you to identify interests and goals and also discover solutions to access your home, school and community.
They can help develop your daily living skills, manage daily routines at home and in the community and modify daily tasks to make them easier to perform.
We offer a range of OT services to adults and children, including:
- Initial needs assessments
- Assistive technology (aids and equipment) assessments and recommendations
- Home modification assessments and recommendations
- Vehicle modifications and driving assessments
- Personal care and assessment of personal support needs
- Coordinating respite care
- Housing assessments for participants requiring Specialist Disability Accommodation
- Transport assistance
- Orientation and mobility training
- Supported employment evaluation and training services
- Helping children to reach their developmental goals
- Whole of life personal planning